THE MAIN REASONS FOR DRYER DUCT CLEANING:
- Excessive Lint Build-Up Can Result In:
- Fabrics taking forever to dry
- Potential lint fires
- Higher utility bills
Clothes dryers require an open pathway to vent the hot air, moisture and gases resulting from drying clothing. This pathway, the dryer duct, can become blocked by lint accumulation due to any of several factors - normal lint buildup over time, duct too narrow, duct too long, too many turns, etc. Sometimes there can be a mechanical blockage such as a bird nest in the duct. In any case, the duct must be cleaned in order to exhaust the approximate one-gallon of water per average laundry load.Most dryer manufacturers, such as Maytag, recommend that residential dryer ducts be cleaned annually for fire-prevention and energy-saving reasons.When the duct is blocked the dryer continues to run, wasting electricity, but the clothes won't dry. You may hear a series of clicks as the dryer control turns the heat on and off , on and off - endlessly trying to compensate for the problem.
To determine if it really is a problem with the duct and not a different dryer problem, simply pull the dryer out a few inches and see if disconnecting the flexible connection from the wall allows the dryer to begin acting normally. If your dryer now works properly, then you have a blocked dryer duct.
We clean these dryer ducts a number of ways. One spinning device we use is similar to a drain snake, but much more gentle on the duct. Then we remove the loosened lint or other debris using a large vacuum. In most cases it doesn't take long, and we leave your laundry room cleaner than we found it.
Tips for dryer safety
• First, keep the dryers in great working orders; by this we mean, do not over-use it or leave it as it once used. This will ensure long-term efficiency.
• Keep the dryers grounded properly.
• Do not overload the dryer because every dryer has a maximum to which it can perform.
• Avoid storing inflammable units near the dryer as it can catch fire.
• Before you leave your home ensure that the dryer is not on.
These are some of the measures you can take to ensure that your dryer works well. But remember, these are not alternatives to Advance Air Duct Cleaning's dryer vent cleaning experts. You must have them checked regularly too.